6.09.2005

Weekend Update, w/ James Mountain

I'm late making a real post (like always) and catching up on stuff...

This past weekend was absolutely awesome. Erin called me after work Saturday and wanted to know if I wanted to go to Boone, NC with her. For no particular reason. She likes it there because its pretty, and I've never been so of course I went with her. During the first part of the trip she kept saying things like, "I hope we're going the right way" and "I'm don't exactly remember how to get there, but I'm pretty sure this is the right way," lol. About 2 hours after leaving here, we decided that in fact we had gone the wrong way, because Boone nor any signs for Boone were anywehre to be found. Neither one of us really cared because the drive so far had been incredibly scenic, and we weren't really going to Boone for any particular reason other than to get away from here. We kept driving until we ended up in some town called Marion that conveniently had a Wal-Mart. A normal Wal-Mart. I didn't know they even exsisted anymore--it was like taking a time-warp back to 1995. Anyway, we got a road atlas there and found out we were like an hour and a half south of Boone. We were actually alot closer to Asheville, and at this point decided to just make a trip out of the whole ordeal. We'd go on to Asheville and explore a bit before finding a hotel, and then go to Gatlinburg on Sunday and drive around there some before coming back home. And thats exactly what we did.

We got a coupon for a Days Inn in Asheville out of a travel booklet that made the room pretty cheap. It wasn't really nice, but it wasn't a dump either. While in Asheville we checked out both malls there (OMFG they have a Suncoast!) as well as downtown, which was beautiful. I neglected to point out that I was broke and Erin didn't have much money for the trip, so we couldn't really do much...which didn't really matter. However, because of this we did forego a trip to the Biltmore Estate, which neither of us have seen. Next time, for sure. Erin had never gotten a hotel without her parents before. So I guess that was pretty interesting for her.

The next day we drove down the Blue Ridge Parkway and into the Smokey Mountains. I took a ton of pictures with her camera, lol. It was beautiful. As much as I love the outdoors, I don't really do much about it. Erin seems to enjoy it as much as I do, which is great, and we've already done a few things like this already =). Once in Gatlinburg, we parked and walked around for a few hours. My God, it was hot... Almost 100 degrees I think. I scoped out all the local arcades, and found not 1, but 2 Emergency Firefighters cabinets! On the way back to the car it started pouring, and Erin and I took refuge under a tree in some nice little shop-village place. We just sat there, leaning on one another, for probably like 10 or 15 minutes while the rain fell around us. Probably my favorite moment of the 2 days we were away together... We left once it cleared up, both exhausted from the heat I think. It was really miserable out until it rained. So we left Gatlinburg, drove through Pigeon Forge, and then came back home. A nice little mini-vacation, for sure. We're going to go back pretty soon I think...with more money and time, and we're going to go to Dollywood next time.

I started K-Mart yesterday. I worked 1:30-9:30 today. I mainly took alot of stupid new-hire tests on the computer, and then they trained me on the register and had me work on front on my own register for most of the day. It was a long day..mainly because it was boring. Tomorrow I'm supposed to actually be in my department training, so it should be better. It's actually pretty cool there. Everyone seems really nice. There's alot of college kids there. I guess I'll try to be really good at whatever it is I'll actually be doing, actually come to work on time, and hopefully get bumped up to full-time. I got 29 hours this week though, which isn't too bad. Feels nice to be off the damn telephone for a change...

Static-X's new CD finally leaked. It's all I've listened to the past 2 days. It's probably their best CD so far, but I'll give a few more days to sink in before I make that statement. It's definately an improvement over Shadow Zone. Conversely, As I Lay Dying's new CD has me kind of disappointed. I think they got some unexpected popularity with Frail Words Collapse, and it kind of shows on Shadows Are Security, and there's alot more melody, and alot more singing. Not that it sounds bad, just not really what I was looking for from this band. Certain songs on their last CD were absolutely brutal, and I was hoping for a whole CD of that this time around, but oh well. Both CDs are on my "list" until I get some $$$.

On a completely un-related note, Tank, my cat, rules. He is quite possibly the coolest cat ever. And just about everyone who has come in contact with him agrees. I'm going to try to get some pictures of him to put on here pretty soon. I mean c'mon, he has motherfucking vampire teeth. His fangs are so long that they always stick out over his bottom lip, even when his mouth is shut and he's just sitting on the bed, or when he's sleeping. It's cool as hell. Like some kind minature saber-tooth tiger or something. He's pretty muscular, and being black with green eyes, he actually looks more like a minature Puma. Thing is, he's a fucking baby. He's scared of everything, has to sit in my lap anytime I'm on the computer, and meows like a child when I come home after being gone for awhile until I pay attention to him. Yeah...I'm pretty attatched to him. I tell him we're "roommates," and its his duty to make sure nothing bad happens to our room/stuff when I'm gone. He does a pretty good job. And he also does an impressive job of hunting moths and flies that stray in here. And then eating them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home