1.15.2009

Overload

I have way too many things on my plate right now. In an effort to figure out how many things I actually do have going on, I thought I'd try and make a list. Hopefully this will help me prioritize? (not my strong suit...)

-I'm porting a major project at work right now, which could very likely require overtime pretty soon.
-I am redesigning Color Bind for XNA Community Games (again) and want to get it launched as quickly as possible.
-I'm working on porting Color Bind to mobile phones again for a contest that requires you to use a particular set of development tools.
-I need to read a pile of programming and math books I've acquired over the past few months.
-I'm trying to make time to learn how to play the awesome guitar I got for Christmas.
-I really want to get back into learning Japanese. I was doing great before I slacked off.
-Because of all the other stuff going on our new apartment is still in need of some serious unpacking (which is why i haven't posted any pictures here yet).
-I was doing great with a regular exercise regiment before the holidays...not so much lately.
-I've been having a lot of fun helping Wes out with the revival of Idle Hours (his game website) and I want to do a lot more stuff for it.
-In an effort to become more independent in developing games, I want to practice drawing and pixel art again, as well as learn how to use some music editing software.
-In addition to all of the above I am also trying to find time to play games with Erin (Rock Band 2, Animal Crossing, Scene It, Halo3, ect.) and also the games I play by myself.

I don't know if I need to make a priority list, or schedule or what. I know I can do all this stuff, but I just can't seem to find the time necessary. And I am constantly forgetting to spend time on several of these things every week.

I think the core of the problem is that a lot of the things on this list, namely anything game development related, is being done in hopes that I can become financially independent eventually. But...I'm not right now, so I also have to do 40+ hours at my job every week. If I could just get rid of that...things would be awesome. But who doesn't think that?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home