5.11.2008

Random Stuff

I've been extremely busy lately, mainly with work. I've had free time with which to update my blog, but I've been spending it doing other things instead. I've actually started writing new entries 4 or 5 times before, usually at work, but I always ended up being distracted or pulled away in the middle of doing it and ended up just closing it before finishing. Even as I write this I'm wondering if I'll actually finish this one.

I'm working another 12-straight days after having to work both days this weekend. We unfortunately laid some people off recently which has really increased an already huge workload for my department.

The summer movie blitz has finally begun. I've seen Iron Man and Speed Racer so far, both were awesome. I've never seen anything like Speed Racer before. It's always nice to see movies with real ambition like that get made. Erin is excited for Prince Caspian but it looks like Indy 4 is next for me.

Speaking of Indiana Jones, we're going back to the Tri-cities for the first time to see the midnight showing of the movie at the Cinemall. I'm extremely excited because it's going to be kind of a mini-vacation. I get to hang out with my friends for 3 days and then we're driving to Charlotte to see the Coca-Cola 600, which is my birthday present from Erin's parents.

I've bought too much stuff since we moved here. It's nice to have money for a change though. I got a Playstation 3 a few weeks ago. I haven't had a chance to play it much, but it's nice to have all the systems out of the way. Now if I am interested any game that comes out on any system, I can get it. The same with going to the store to look at games...I can look at anything.

Overall I guess things are going pretty well here. Erin doesn't like her job but she has 2 promising interviews this week. I'm trying to push myself to work on a new personal project on the side, but it's been pretty difficult considering the aforementioned lack of free time. We're also trying to pay off all my debt and buy a better car. I probably would have visited everyone back in Tennessee a few times by now but we're afraid to take Erin's car on a long trip because of how bad it uses oil. Hopefully once we get something else we can travel around a bit more.

And that's a half-assed update of what's going on in my life right now. Hopefully I can post something a little more introspective soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home