3.11.2006

Early morning rambling

Its pretty late (early?)...its after 4am. I'm sleepy but I dont want to go to sleep. I want to work on my mobile game some more, but I dont have enough time to do enough work to warrant opening everything. Erin and I are supposed to go hiking somewhere tomorrow, weather permitting. So...I really need to get some sleep so I can get up early enough to go do that. My birthday is Sunday (technically tomorrow). Its kind of bizarre because I keep forgetting it. I just remembered for the first time in a few days when I looked at the calender on the computer and saw it read "March 11th" a few minutes ago. So that's cool. Erin gave me my present early; Final Fight Streetwise for PS2. For all the awful press the game is getting, I think its pretty fun. I'm working on beating it a second time. I don't suppose I'll be doing anything special on my birthday...not that I know of anyway. I'll be 23.

With me getting all hyped up about planning a trip tp Tokyo, I rented Lost in Translation the other night. Actually Erin rented it. She doesnt like it, so it was nice of her to let me get it =). I had only saw it once before and thought it was "pretty good." I dont remember why I thought that, because watching it again I think its amazing. I think the first time (which was right after it was released on DVD) I was just expecting a different movie. About the trip to Tokyo, which I haven't mentioned here... I'm working on developing some mobile games at the moment, as documented in my game dev blog. Starting out, I'm going to try to simply sell some finished games to some publishers or carriers. I dont want to talk about it too much, because thats what I made my game development blog for, but I want to use the money I make from my first couple games to take a trip to Tokyo with Erin, Wes and Will. Its just wishful thinking right now, but it gives me an appealing goal. With the state of mobile gaming right now, there is absolutely no reason I cant pull it off. I feel like this is really my chance to "arrive." As it looks now, Wes will be helping me with story, characters and concept, Tim (Trivett) might be doing some music (Wes is going to talk to him), and we'll have to find an art guy. Erin works with a guy who has an art degree from ETSU and wants to work on games and everything. I've got his number... But I'll reserve any more discussion on this for my other blog.

Oh yeah, I got hired at the Food City not far from here. Doing produce. They still have to call me back and I have to go there again before I know when I'll start. This is a good thing, as being broke sucks. However, it should take me 2 months or less to finish my first game, so we'll see how that turns out. I need to go lay down. I'm going to put Lost in Translation in again. To give me something to dream about:

Image hosting by Photobucket
"I'm coming..."

One last thing, I've downloaded alot of music in the past few weeks. One of the albums was by a band called Oceansize:

Image hosting by Photobucket

They're REALLY good. I like the 3rd song on their MySpace profile alot. The first song is from the CD I downloaded. I plan on buying all thier albums. Now, to sleep.

I love you, Erin <3

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home